Finding new readers for your blog is the best way to get potential subscribers to visit your website and increase traffic. It may seem like an easy task, but you should know that it requires a lot of patience and effort. Let’s face it, no one really knows you yet and you have to think of creative ways to make people notice you. On top of an attractive website, you also want to get plenty of subscribers as soon as you can.
The truth is that instead of thinking about our gains, it’s good to think about how you can make your readers happy. By doing so,
If you’ve already identified the type of audience you wish to have, it’s time to start creating content that is tailored to their taste. Here are ways to attract readers and gain more subscribers when you’re just starting out.
Keep in Touch + Freebies
During the early stages, you should expect to only have a few visitors here and there. Don’t get discouraged. Turn this into your advantage by keeping in touch with the first few visitors that you get.
Keep in touch by capturing their email addresses with these ideas:
- Have a pop-up that asks them for their information at the end of every content.
- Put in a request for their email address after scrolling down a page.
- Create a sticky bar that asks for their information at the top of your page.
You can also offer incentives to your visitors that you can send to them via email. These incentives can include newsletters, eBooks and webinars.
Informative and Fresh Content
To keep your audience interested, you need to create a steady flow of informative content for them to read. The best way to come up with fresh content is to answer every question that you’ve ever encountered about your niche.
This is beneficial for you in many ways:
- It gives you an idea of what to write about to get you through the blank page.
- It helps you get to know your audience better by learning about their frequently asked questions.
- It gives your website fresh content that people will come back for.
Create a User-Friendly Website
When you first launch your website, your objective should be to create a lasting impression to your audience. However, you also need to make it easy for them browse your webpage.
Make your visitors appreciate your website more by using this checklist:
- Avoid having too many ads or banners that can distract and confuse visitors.
- Create catchy and straightforward headlines that make people want to click on them.
- Use images that are crisp, high-quality and have a pleasant vibe.
Tip: Don’t know where to begin? Start by removing everything that is not helpful for your target audience. Remember, a simple website that’s easy to navigate is more likely to have a bigger following than a chaotic one.
Creating your own website is relatively easier with today’s cheaper costs and the tools available online. This gives you more time to identify with your audience and really put yourself out there for people to know and love. Moreover, as a rule of trade, you should also make sure you consider your audience in every business decision. Whether you’re new to this industry or not, ask yourself—are you satisfied with the number of subscribers that you have right now?